From Model Horse Pedigrees
Welcome to Model Horse Pedigrees
As a MediaWiki project, you are in control of your information. For sanities sake I do have a few rules:
- Details Only horses (those without bodies yet) can be added, but you must use the image in the Blank model template.
- Do not use images of others horses without permission. Anyone who is reported for doing this will have images removed, and their access removed.
- If using pictures of your models taken by other people, please include their names in the caption.
- Photos must be of the actual model you own. If the model has been sold (but you kept the details), mention this in his/her record but remove the picture.
- Do not make up a horses achievements. They must be from a recognised organisation or advertised show.
- Do not edit others pages without permission.
- Linking to others horses is allowed. If you are linking to a Real (R) horse in a pedigree, please add a link to their stud site in the references section at the bottom of your model or stud page.
- Do not tinker with the templates. It'll make me cry.
- Try to link to photos on your own site. If this is possible, ask permission before you upload.
- Make sure you read the guides before you start to add your models. It helps to start doing it properly, as Wiki is painful to edit.
- If you arent offering your stallion or mare to outside breeders, note it on their page. No-one wants spam mail.
- If you sell a horse, you dont need to remove it from the directory. Just make sure you add the new owners details.
- Dont be mean, rude, obnoxious or sarcastic.